75th Anniversary Exhibition
75th Anniversary Exhibition Submission
Celebrating IAEA Artists!
Current IAEA members are invited to submit up to 3 pieces of original artwork for a special exhibit in celebration of IAEA’s 75th conference anniversary. The show will be on display this summer at the Norris Cultural Arts Center in St. Charles. All work must be original in concept and execution and follow the entry requirements listed below. Reproductions and giclees are not eligible. This is not a juried show, but to help us plan the show, submission information and digital images of the work must be submitted to ilaea.org/anniversary-show by Monday, June 5th. Artists will be notified of the status of their submissions by June 12. Accepted artwork will be delivered to the Norris Gallery on Monday, June 19 between 12 – 3 pm.
Deadline Extension! Submissions are now due by Monday, June 5th.
Submission requirements for artwork:
- Upload jpeg entries to the address linked below along with your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and information about the work including: TITLE, MEDIUM, SIZE (width x height in inches for 2D work and depth for 3D work, and SALE PRICE or value of work if it is NFS). See specific artwork limitations listed below.
- IAEA Members must first login on the IAEA website to access the submission form.
- 2D work does not have to be framed in the digital submissions, but the actual work must be framed as described below to be accepted on the delivery date. 2 images of 3D work may be submitted and count as one work toward the total pieces.
- Artwork in all media, including but not limited to all 2D media and processes, mixed media, jewelry, fibers, glass, ceramics, and sculpture may be submitted for consideration.
- Artists will receive an agreement and inventory form upon notification of acceptance in the show. The agreement, inventory and artwork will be due on the delivery day Monday, June 19.
- There is no entry fee for this show.
- The Norris Gallery will be open Thursday – Saturday, from 11 am – 4 pm, June 22 – July 29, 2023.
- Artwork will be picked up from 4 – 5 pm on Saturday, July 29.
- A public reception for the show is planned for Saturday, June 24 from 2 – 4 pm.
- 2D artwork must be framed with hangers attached to the back of the work and strung with wire. 2D work cannot exceed 36” x 36” or equivalent measurements and weight limit is 50 lbs. 3D work that needs to be displayed in the locked glass case cannot exceed 24” tall x 24” wide x 12” deep and cannot exceed 20 lbs. Larger work can be displayed on pedestals in the gallery or on the floor. Larger work must be portable and fit through the gallery door. Work that is not correctly prepared for installation will not be accepted. If display materials (such as jewelry stands) are needed for the work, the artist is responsible for providing such materials on delivery day as well as special display instructions.
- Delivery and pick up of work is the artist’s responsibility. Artists are responsible for insuring their work. All work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the show. If you are not able to deliver and/or pick up your accepted artwork, you may authorize a representative to do so.
- Artists agree to let IAEA and the Norris Gallery use images of the work for promotional purposes during the show. Norris Gallery and IAEA will publicize the IAEA anniversary show.
- Work shown in the Norris Gallery must be appropriate for viewing by all ages and audiences.
- The Norris Gallery collects 30% of the price of sold work. Work that is not for sale must include the insurance value of the work in the initial submission information. Sales of work will be handled by the Norris Gallery.
- Participating artists must be CURRENT members of IAEA at the time of submission of their digital entries and for the duration of the show through July 29, 2023.
- For questions about the show, email [email protected]. Type IAEA show on the subject line.
Click here to submit to the 75th Anniversary Exhibition!
The Norris Cultural Arts Center is a 501 (c) (3) organization. It is located at 1040 Dunham Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60174. For information about the Norris Gallery, visit: www.norrisculturalarts.com.
If you have further questions regarding the show, please email Stacey Gross at: [email protected]