Calling All Artists!
Summer vacation is the perfect time to recharge and connect with why we became art teachers in the first place—our love of making art. Each year IAEA celebrates its artist-educators in a special exhibition at the state conference. All IAEA members have the opportunity to display their own artwork in a Pop-Up Exhibition and Electronic Art Show, so start creating!
For the Electronic Art Show, members can submit 1-3 pieces of art (completed within the past three years) that will be projected throughout the conference and on the IAEA webpage. Members may select one piece (from the three) to bring for display in a special Pop-Up Exhibition at the conference. All submissions are due by Nov. 1, 2019
NEW FOR 2019: No entry fee! Juried cash prizes!
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mentions from the works submitted.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing everyone’s work!
Guidelines for Entries (Electronic Art Show)
- Submitting teachers must be current members of IAEA and membership must remain current through the following year.
- Work may be in any media, as long as it is original and not copied from any published source.
- Work is submitted in JPEG format on the IAEA website
- Artwork images should have a file name with your last name, first name, and a number. Example: JonesSam1.jpeg
- Uploaded files should not exceed 5MB.
- Up to 3 images of artwork can be submitted to the Electronic Art Show.
- Artists will provide the following information for each piece: title, medium, year and dimensions
- Artists will be notified via email if their work has been selected shortly after the entry deadline.
Guidelines for Entries (Pop-Up Exhibition)
- One of the 3 submitted artworks may be included in the Pop-Up Exhibition
- Do not submit this image separately, but instead indicate your participation in the Pop-Up Exhibition when uploading images for the Electronic Art Show
- Artwork for the Pop-Up exhibition will be displayed on an easel (2-D pieces) or table (3-D pieces)– please make sure work is able to safely be exhibited!
- The physical artwork will be on display for the duration of the conference. If you need to leave early, you may take your work.
- IAEA is not responsible for artwork that is not picked up by the artist.
If you have further questions regarding the show, please email Stacey Gross at: firstname.lastname@example.org