We became art teachers because we love making art! Making art strengthens our practice as educators; being an educator informs our artistic endeavors. Each year the Illinois Art Education Association celebrates its members as artist-educators in the Member Show. IAEA members have the opportunity to have their artwork displayed on the IAEA website and at the IAEA conference via an Electronic Gallery and Pop-Up Exhibition. This is a great opportunity to share our talents as artists with an audience of colleagues and educators.
For the Electronic Art Show, members can submit 1-3 pieces of art (completed within the past three years) that will be projected throughout the conference and on the IAEA webpage. Members may select one piece (from the three) to bring for display in a special Pop-Up Exhibition at the conference.
All submissions are due by Nov. 1, 2019
NEW FOR 2019: No entry fee! Juried cash prizes!
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mentions from the works submitted.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing everyone’s work!
Guidelines for Entries for the Electronic & Pop-Up Member Show
- Submitting teachers must be current members of IAEA and membership must remain current through the following year.
- Work may be in any media as long as it is original and not copied from any published source.
- Work is submitted in jpeg format.
- Uploaded files should not exceed 5MB.
- Artwork images should have a file name with your last name, first name, and a number. Example: GrossStacey1.jpeg
- Up to 3 images of artwork can be submitted to the Electronic Art Show.
- One of the submitted artworks may also be included in the Pop-Up Exhibition, to be held at the conference. [Do not submit this image separately, but instead indicate if you would like to participate in the Pop Up Exhibit in the online form.]
- The Pop-Up Exhibit of physical artwork will be on display during the gala event on Friday, Nov. 22 at Q Center.
- Work for the Pop-Up Exhibit will be displayed on easels or tables; work should be ready to display accordingly.
- Certificates of participation and prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Honorable Mentions will be awarded at the gala event (following the presentation of IAEA awardees)
All submissions are due by Nov. 1
Free to enter!
If you have further questions regarding the show, please email Stacey Gross at: email@example.com