IAEA Collaborating for Excellence
The Collaborating for Excellence (CFE) program enables educators to collaboratively develop and refine culturally responsive, standards-based lessons embedded with social-emotional learning. Current educators collaborate in a series of sessions to develop lessons adaptable to the range of teaching situations in Illinois and beyond. Core components of the lessons and resources include:
- Theme-based learning that focuses on social-emotional wellness.
- Culturally Responsive teaching practices and a focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Student working methods that allow for flexibility and choice.
- Innovative assessment practices that elevate engagement.
- Research-based and teacher-tested instructional practices.
The 2021 Collaborating for Excellence Program is underway! If you registered, but have not gained access to the site, please contact [email protected]
This project is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts. Read the Press Release
This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council Agency.
The IAEA is thrilled to partner with the Brandywine Workshop and Archives and Artura for the Collaborating for Excellence Program. Learn more about both by clicking on the linked images below.
THANK YOU Chicago Community Trust and IDPH for supporting the advancement of Justice, Equity, and Creativity in Illinois Schools
IAEA Collaborating for Excellence Pilot Model
This pilot was developed in 2020. We encourage you to help us test our first pilot lesson and provide feedback. If you used any parts of the lesson and would like to share it with us, please do!