Awards, Scholarships, and Grants
Congratulations to the 2019 IAEA Award Winners!
2019 Professional Development Grant Winners
Learn more . . .
The IAEA Awards Program is intended to recognize art educators who are committed and dedicated to their students and the art education profession. This program, which recognizes excellence in individuals and programs, helps provide for the development of quality art education throughout the state of Illinois.
- To promote public awareness of the importance of quality art education.
- To promote support of and to focus professional attention on quality programs and excellent art educators.
- To recognize significant contributions to the profession and organization of IAEA.
I’m sorry, the submission window for these PD grants and scholarships is now closed. Please plan now to apply next year! Submission window will open in January 2020.
Digital submissions were due on Sunday, May 19th, 2019.Hard copy submissions must have been postmarked no later than Sunday, May 19th, 2019.
- Illinois Art Educator of the Year (Chosen by award committee from nominations in categories below)
- Illinois Elementary Art Educator of the Year
- Illinois Middle School/Junior High Art Educator of the Year
- Illinois Secondary Art Educator of the Year
- Illinois Early Professional Award (3 – 7 years teaching)
- Illinois Higher Education Art Educator of the Year
- Illinois Art Administrator/Supervisor of the Year
- Illinois Museum Art Educator of the Year
- Best School Art Program in Illinois
- Distinguished Service in IAEA
- Distinguished Service in the Profession of Art Education
- Distinguished Service to Art Education (outside the profession)
- President’s Special Award (chosen by current IAEA president)
- Distinguished Member Award (chosen by past Distinguished Member recipients)
- Significant contribution within an award category.
- Outstanding record of general professional achievement.
- Continuing record of contributions to art education in Illinois.
- Current active membership in IAEA.
- To be considered for a national award, NAEA membership is required. National nomination is optional.
Award categories 1-7.
- Outstanding record of success as an art educator from colleagues, administrators, students, and community.
- Outstanding ongoing record of general professional achievement, continued education, studio accomplishments/exhibitions, publications, service to individual school program and school district, service to community, and service to the art education profession.
- Recognized as a leader.
Illinois Museum Art Educator of the Year
- Outstanding record of successful collaborative efforts as a museum art educator from colleagues, administrators, teachers and students, and community.
- Outstanding record of general professional achievement, continued education, studio accomplishments, publications, service to individual school programs and school districts, service to community, and service to the art education profession.
Best School Art Program in Illinois
- Evidence of an exemplary comprehensive art program from colleagues, administration, district, students, and community.
- Outstanding program components, curriculum design, course offerings, other school sponsored art activities (e.g., art club, National Art Honor Society), professional achievement of department members, inter/intra school exhibition, individual student or staff recognition/awards, involvement in total school program, service to community, and service to the art education profession.
- Membership in IAEA by one or more art educators within the program.
Distinguished Service in IAEA
- Exemplary contributions of time and effort to IAEA.
Distinguished Service to the Profession of Art Education
- Outstanding contribution to the field of art education; record of service to school, district, and community, record of previous awards, honors, and record of publications.
Distinguished Service to Art Education (outside of the profession)
- Exemplary support and advocacy for art education.
President’s Special Award
- Current president’s discretion
Award Rubric (used for most categories)
Nominations for this years IAEA awards are now closed. Nominations for the 2020 awards will be accepted beginning in late November 2019.