The third week of March is traditionally designated Illinois Art Education Week by Governor Bruce Rauner. In cooperation with the Illinois Art Education Association (IAEA) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) the next Illinois Arts Education Week will be March 14-20, 2016. The poster contest reinforces the importance of the arts in the growth and development of all students. The contest winner’s artwork will be featured on a poster that is sent to all public and private schools in Illinois. The winner will also be recognized at the Illinois State Board of Education board meeting. The top three winners will be recognized at the 2016 IAEA fall conference in November 2016 in Normal Illinois.
The poster artwork entries must meet the following criteria:
- The contest alternates grade levels every other year. The 2016 contest is only for students in grades k-8 in public/private/home school settings.
- All 2-D media will be accepted. Further, only prints will be considered for digital/photographic work.
- All art must be of the student’s original work.
- No limit on colors used or entries per school
- 11″ x 17″ or smaller
- Must include the form, completely filled out, from the link on this page.
- All submissions must be centered around the theme “There is Magic in the Arts!”
- Must include a brief statement by the student about the artwork’s connection to the theme.
Submit by December 8, 2015
Please use the attached submission form for further information and for instructions on how to submit artwork to the contest.
Best of luck to all applicants!