[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]IAEA is a professional organization for art educators, individuals and groups who wish to support art education in Illinois.Founded in 1935, IAEA promotes quality art education for children and adults. Professional development is offered through the annual conference, mini-conferences, publications (including the newsletter, the Mosaic), and exhibits. This website provides information on upcoming events and other items of interest to art educators.
Whereas, Art plays a significant and vital role in our culture, economy and the education of our children, it is the mission of the Illinois Art Education Association to provide leadership for the advancement of excellence in art education by:
- Providing support, direction and advocacy for quality art education
- Providing professional development for the pursuit of knowledge, skills and content in the making and teaching of art
- Encouraging innovation, research and reform
- Networking within the arts and with other organizations
- Encouraging membership, leadership and efficiency of the organization’s operation.
IAEA Constitution and Bylaws [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]