2014 Conference Preview
“The Visual Arts Lens: Connect – Reflect – Empower”
Mark your calendar for the 66th annual IAEA fall conference November 6 – 8, 2014. The conference will be held in the Sheraton Hotel in Lisle, Illinois. Conference details will be published in the winter issue of The Mosaic, available to current IAEA members. If you are not a current member, go to the Membership Page on the IAEA website where you can download a PDF form to mail, or you can join immediately through the online link to the IAEA Store.
To help you plan ahead, here is a checklist to follow to prepare for the conference:
Conference registration will open in early August through the IAEA website for both mail-in and online registration. Watch for the posting of the summer issue of The Mosaic which will be devoted exclusively to the conference.
“Early Registration” discounted rates for “current” (2013-2014) IAEA members are:
- IAEA regular member: $185.00
- IAEA retiree member: $110.00
- IAEA student member: $ 95.00
- Friend of IAEA: $185.00
“Early Registration” rates for attendees who are not IAEA members for 2014 are:
- Non-member: $225.00
- Non-member retiree: $135.00
- Non-member student: $110.00
ALL “Early Registration” payments are due by the October 10, 2014 deadline to utilize the “early registration” discount (for both IAEA members and non-members.) After October 10, all registrations will be assessed the on-site rate in each registration category.
Renew or join IAEA before registering for the conference to get the discounted IAEA membership conference registration rate.
Conference registration includes all scheduled meals, receptions, participation in non-fee workshops and sessions, conference bag/badge/related materials, and admission to the Vendors Hall
The spring issue of the Mosaic will contain more details about the conference, and the summer conference issue of will contain the complete conference schedule and descriptions of the following:
- *On-site workshops and sessions
- *Keynote presenters on Friday and Saturday
- *Off-site venues for workshops and tours (new offerings on the schedule for 2014!)
- *Receptions and special events Thursday – Saturday
- *Student Art Show reception and IAEA Membership Show (“The Electronic Gallery”) information
- *Advance information about participating vendors and vendor workshops
- *Hotel guest registration information
- *Student Assistant program information
- *Contacts for conference volunteer opportunities
- *Information about conference involvement initiatives like Art to Go Bags, the IAEA Student Scholarship Raffle and the Used Books and Media sale
- *Information about Regional Council meetings and special interest group meetings (Student Chapter, Illinois Retired Art Educators and Museum Interest Group)
To volunteer at the conference or for questions about the conference, contact conference co-coordinators Becky or Pat at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
IAEA Conference 2014 Session Proposals
Submission deadline for conference proposals has passed. All submitters will be notified by April 1 that their proposal/s were received for review.